Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Karine welcomes 2008

I feel so excited to usher in 2008 with our new addition. Can't believe it. The same time last year, we were still happily idling in our own home watching the celebrations on TV and calling family members wishing them a Happy 2007. Fast forward to now and how do we celebrate the ushering of 2008? By being sound asleep, with our little one in the next room. Won't be going out for any celebrations anytime soon till she's much older of course!

It's nice to have a little bundle of joy around, babies aren't called little bundles of joy for nothing. Each time I see Karine and she gives me a big smile or gurgle, I feel so happy.

Life really changes and it's true what they say, you learn to appreciate your own parents more when you become one yourself. I can't imagine how my mum can go through labour pains 4 times without epidural! Goodness!

And it's true how having one makes me feel like having another one to keep each company. And I've kinda forgotten the pains. Well, sort of. Anyways, it's still too early to plan for that now, I'd like to enjoy Karine as much as possible first and wait till she gets a bit older to be able to help me with a mei mei. Yup, hope the 2nd one can be a gal too! hee...

I was just telling hubby that I miss Karine's newborn look. In fact, I can't seem to remember how she's like already! Of course looking at the pics help, but somehow, she still looks the same to me! Thank goodness for technology, we capture those moments and share them and review them so easily!

Then:




Now:


I've been with Karine for the past 2 months and 2 weeks 24x7, it'll be tough on me when I return to work! I'll definitely miss her! And I'm starting work in a week and a half's time. On one hand, it'll be kinda fun to be back on top of things. However, I'm just getting used to being at home and being with BB. I've already planned out my leave days so that I can wean off being with Karine 24x7. Luckily CNY hols would follow soon after I return to work!

No comments: