Sunday, January 27, 2008

Working Mama

Have been working for the past 2 weeks already and boy, do I miss bb Karine at work! From being able to be with her at her every whim and cry to only be able to see her in the evening, it's a HUGE difference! It really makes me cherish the weekends more so that I can spend as much time as possible with her! Even changing her dirty nappies is a joy!

Expressing at work is also something that needed to be worked out logistically. I'm currently managing on a 5hrly interval but that can sometimes stretch to 6 hrs! I realised that I need an alarm reminder or something to get me off the desk otherwise I'll miss the time when I'm engrossed at the computer! But thankfully, my supply is ok so far and I get to take home 3-4bottles of milk for bb. And I'm also glad that I stocked up on the frozen BM, cos Mondays are when they'll be needed!

Another thing I'm glad about it being able to get photos free from HP's Snapfish service. Heh, so I bring the cute little pics of Karine to the office and think of her whenever I miss her. I've now replaced my mobile's wallpaper to her pic and now, I'm one of those mummies who proudly show off bb pics to just about anyone. Yikes!

One of my fav pic:


Today is also one of those days when I bathed bb. Usually a task undertaken by my mum, bathing Karine is not that tough after all. OK, she's bigger now and being used to the water and all makes the job much easier and pleasurable! She's turning into a regular water baby!

Brought Karine out to 2 places yesterday, Hubby's colleague's wedding and his friend's baby full month. I'm so glad that Karine was such a sweetie at those places. Even though it was kinda hot and noisy at the wedding, she sat in her pram prettily and quietly, and waited for mummy and daddy to finish lunch before complaining about the heat. Just in time to take our leave and reach home for her teabreak.

The next stop was near our house, and she took her nap on the sofa, amidst the milling guests and other curious toddlers and babies! I'm so proud of her, being able to sleep anywhere, regardless of noise! What a doll!

Talking about sleep, Karine has started sleeping through. In fact, this sweetie pie started sleeping through 1 night before mummy returned to work! I'm still crossing my fingers and hoping that this it! And her feed times have fallen quite neatly into the 6, 9 and 12pm cycle. She's pretty much into dreamland after her last feed at 9pm-ish and after changing her. I'm glad I bought the Baby Whisperer book and settled her into a routine from day 1, amidst scorn and sceptism from some older folks.

Oops, gotta change nappy now!

No comments: